Analyst, Business Analytics
Full Time - Austin, TX
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Business Analytics team. Data is at the center of everything Favor does, and the appetite for reporting and analysis grows each day as we expand our geographic footprint throughout Texas and introduce new platforms, products and features to our community of customers, runners and merchant partners.
In this role, you will leverage first- and third-party data to generate insights about our customers, runners, merchant partners, and product.
- Defining KPIs to ensure we are focusing on metrics that drive the business forward and measure the impact of specific product features and operational initiatives.
- Partnering with leaders from the operations, sales, marketing, and finance teams to develop reports to monitor business trends.
- Analyzing customer and runner data to inform growth and retention strategies, as well as calibrate supply and demand needs across 100+ Texas markets.
- Analyzing merchant partner data to optimize sales volume and mix via segmentation, recommendation, placement and promotion.
- Analyzing unit economics to understand promotional risk & return, effective pricing and general drivers of profitability.
- Growing the collective knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- Detail-oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation and ongoing stewardship. You think 2 steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- Narrative-oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- 1-3 years experience working in an analytical role.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, preferably with large datasets.
- Excel ninja.
- Experience with business intelligence software, such as Tableau, Domo, or Looker. Working knowledge of Python and R a plus.
- Experience with client-side analytics, like Google Analytics and Firebase.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and A/B test design.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in particular in a presentation setting.