At Favor you will have the ability to create interesting and cool software that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people. We are a mobile first consumer app for the on demand delivery space that is powered by a complex system behind the scenes. Do you like to work on complex problems and create simple straightforward solutions? Do you like to make customers happy? Favor’s goal is to let people get anything delivered with a great user experience throughout the process.
Favor’s Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen in real time. We are responsible for the complex systems that make a Favor happen. This includes finding the perfect runner, the communication between our customers and our runners, keeping thousands of mobile applications in sync, payment processing, and so much more. Our Mobile Android Engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, runners, and merchants. They are responsible for creating simple and easy to use user interfaces for our customers and runners.
Are you the type of engineer who has built complex systems? Do you get a thrill when you create new applications or features for hundreds of thousands of users? Do you like building features and applications where can you see the business value immediately? We need engineers like you to help Favor achieve its goal of getting anything delivered with a great user experience.
- Technical design and delivery of mobile front end applications that interact with other similar applications in the Favor ecosystem.
- Evaluate new technologies to be adopted by the team.
- Work with iOS mobile developers to keep features in sync on all mobile platforms.
- Interface with and contribute to API interface and other backend services.
- Work closely with other departments throughout the company to understand their needs and build to their requirements.
- 4+ Years of experience working as an Android Mobile Engineer
- Experience and familiarity with Java and the Android SDK
- Released and supported at least one app on the Google Play Store
- Experience interacting with RESTful web APIs
- Experience working with UX researchers and designers to hone features and applications
- RxJava or reactive programming experience
- Experience leveraging Dependency injection (e.g. Dagger library)
- Experience maintaining a CI system (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- General principles behind writing web services