Full Time -
Favor’s goal is to let people get anything delivered with a delightful experience.
Favor’s Engineers make high-touch logistics happen. They are responsible for servicing customer requests as quickly as possible, facilitating communication between our customers and our runners, keeping thousands of mobile applications in sync, sending announcements to our runners and customers, accepting payment, and so much more.
So are you the type of developer who has created complex systems? Do you get a thrill when you create new features for hundreds of thousands of users? As a Back-End Developer at Favor, you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our Web applications, back-end services, databases, and data warehouse. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand pain points and bottlenecks in the current system and create solutions. You will be building elegant solutions to complex problems to delight thousands of customers and runners.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make people’s life easier. Help us develop our systems to serve our customers, our runners, and our merchants.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- 3+ years of development experience
- 2+ years experience working in small teams of like-minded developers
- Deep experience writing RESTful endpoints
- Thorough knowledge of PHP, Python and their IDEs, debugging, and DevOps
- Experience creating high-scale consumer applications in the past
- Experience with HTTP, JSON, and REST Web Services
Ideal Candidates Will Include:
- Appreciate simple design.
- Love to write code.
- Live to ship features!
- Be solution-focused.
- Like working with other developers in an iterative environment.
- Understand Agile development methods.
- Have experience in a high-growth startup.