Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor is seeking an experienced, high performing Corporate Controller with a proven track record of embracing change and adapting accounting teams to win, not just cope. The candidate should be a detail oriented, roll-up-your-sleeves, smart and energetic person with a deep passion for working at high-growth start-ups. We’re looking for a well rounded, seasoned accounting professional with a Big 4 public accounting foundation, deep private company accounting operational experience in the tech industry, and an insatiable appetite for growth and development. This person will ensure that the Accounting team and its processes are designed and functioning properly to scale with the business, while maintaining the integrity of our financial statements, and contributing thoughtful economic insights.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Direct and manage all aspects of accounting operations including timely and accurate month-end, quarter and annual close activities, review of journal entries, recognition and reconciliation of multiple revenue streams, classification of expenses, capitalization and depreciation of physical assets, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and producing consolidated GAAP financials
- Effectively collaborate with engineers to develop, implement and maintain transactional based sub-ledgers that reconcile to the GL and allow for scalability, while maintaining integrity, as the business continues to grow and develop.
- Perform financial statement analysis through preparation of variance analysis and investigation of material monthly and annual changes to key financial statement accounts and balances
- Responsible for application of significant accounting principles including revenue recognition, capitalization of internally-developed software and equity transactions
- Lead role in establishing and implementing effective accounting policies, procedures and controls for the company
- Identify and optimize key processes necessary to scale with the business
- Directly manage treasury processes, A/R and A/P
- Lead role in preparation for annual external audit and HEB requirements
- Research technical accounting issues for new and proposed management initiatives and new accounting standards; document and present company’s position
- Prepare financial reporting and review work of HEB tax specialists to ensure compliance with US Federal, state and global statutory reporting and tax filing requirements
- Effectively communicate with HEB counterparts to develop and evolve inter-company and monthly reporting.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the accounting team, ensuring continued development and growth at all levels
- Instill and reinforce an environment of structure using effective best practices
Education & Experience
- BS and/or Masters in Accounting required
- CPA or Chartered Accountant strongly preferred
- 8-10 years progressive experience in accounting, with public accounting and 3-4 years of management experience that includes leadership and development responsibilities
- Operational accounting industry experience such as GL maintenance and month-end close review
- Experience leading accounting specific projects including internal sub-ledger development, external software implementations and/or data migration (historics preferred). Experience with customized or highly tailored accounting projects preferred.
- Proven track record of adapting to win, not just to cope
Qualifications & Skills
- Solid foundation of accounting concepts including revenue recognition, equity transactions, and multi-company consolidations
- Experience with financial statement analysis and research and application of complex accounting standards in accordance with GAAP, FASB required
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and passion, be agile and work well in a dynamic environment
- Strong, consistent, and disciplined work ethic with a keen attention to details and ability to focus on the big picture
- Heavily process driven with proven ability to implement continuous improvements
- Must be able to communicate with confidence and tact across all levels within the company
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and SQL query scripting are a plus