Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor is looking for a versatile corporate paralegal to join the growing legal team. You will handle form-based contracts, help build and maintain a contracts database, manage contract lifecycles, maintain company records, help develop and implement processes and procedures, conduct legal research, and support the legal team as needed. You will need to be detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative, and ready to operate in a fast-paced environment. This person will report to the Head of Legal but interact with all departments.
What You'll Do
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate a variety of standard agreements (including confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, order forms, amendments, and other legal documents) under the direction of an attorney.
- Help build and maintain database of contracts and company records.
- Assist with administration of existing contracts.
- Research and analyze sources of law such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, and regulations.
- Work with the legal team to develop and implement processes and procedures.
- Resolve routine legal issues based on attorney guidance.
- Collaborate with business units across the company.
- Rely on experience and good judgment to accomplish goals and escalate material issues.
- Perform a variety of tasks as necessary to move projects forward and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or comparable experience.
- Must have experience drafting, revising, reviewing, and negotiating contracts.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a paralegal capacity, with a substantial portion in a corporate legal department.
- Paralegal certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legal concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent PC skills, including google office suite.
- Proven ability to manage contracts and other legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude.