At Favor you will have the ability to create interesting and cool software that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people. We are a mobile-first consumer app that is powered by a complex system behind the scenes. Do you like to work on complex problems and create simple straightforward solutions? Do you like to make customers happy? Favor’s goal is to let people get anything delivered with a great user experience throughout the process.
Favor’s Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen in real time. We are responsible for the complex systems that make a Favor happen. This entails the logistics of finding the perfect runner, the communication between our customers and our runners, keeping thousands of mobile applications in sync, payments, and so much more. You will be involved in designing, developing and deploying these complex systems from beginning to end.
So are you the type of DevOps Engineer who has built and maintained complex systems? Do you enjoy finding the root cause of application issues? Do you like using cutting edge technologies and continuous integration & automation? If so, we need DevOps Engineers like yourself to help Favor achieve our goal of getting anything delivered with a great user experience.
- Create infrastructure-as-code that is scalable, performant, reliable, and secureImplement and manage a containerized microservices infrastructure, delivering CI / CD for new applications on AWS
- Maintain monitoring & alerting systems of Favor’s production services
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Monitor performance of production systems; give recommendations for enhancing performance and assist in implementation
- Improve the development pipeline from local development to productionImplement, maintain, and test a disaster recovery plan
- College degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience working with microservices and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience supporting containerized production environments at scale
- Experience installing & configuring DevOps solutions
- Work well with others to solve problems
- Good communication skills