Front End Engineer
Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor is a high-touch logistics company. Our Front End Engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, runners, and merchants with each other. They are responsible for creating elegant user interfaces to let our operations team understand the inner workings of our algorithms, see the state of each market, and increase productivity.
So are you the type of developer who thrives in creating elegant UIs to manage complex systems? Do you get a thrill when you let managers analyze a market in real-time? As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our front-end applications. You will work closely with our engineering and operations teams to understand pain points and bottlenecks in the current system and create solutions. You will be building elegant solutions to complex problems to delight thousands of customers and runners.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make people’s life easier. Help us develop our applications to serve our customers, our runners, and our merchants.
- 3+ Years of experience working as a Front End Engineer
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Strong UI and design skills
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Experience with React, Redux & LESS
- Experience creating UIs on top of RESTful endpoints
- Experience with WebSockets
- Knowledge of front-end build tools such as WebPack
- Experience in small startup environments
- Great collaboration skills with a team of engineers
- Experience working with UX researchers and designers to hone features and applications
- Professional experience designing web applications