Front End Engineer
Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you seek to make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers build the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Frontend Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our web applications. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’!
- Assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications
- Fixes bugs and performs updates to the code base while working closely with senior engineers
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary team to envision and build solutions
- 3 - 5 years of software engineering experience
- Able to take technical direction to deliver well-scoped work
- Experience with Object-Oriented or Functional programming languages including SOLID principles
- Can design working algorithms and analyze their performance
- Knowledge of application testing strategies; including unit, integration, end-to-end, and performance tests
- Ability to plan and design individual components and functions
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as SOA, event-driven, or n-tier
- Ability to walk through and manually debug existing code
- Has an understanding of RESTful API standards
- Communicates clearly with UX and design, product management, and across engineering teams
- Appreciate simple design
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus
- Like working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment
- Have experience in a high-growth startup
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders