Operations Manager – Houston Metro
Full Time - Houston, TX
The Favor Market Operations Team ensures that Runners are equipped to provide a five-star delivery experience. As the Operations Manager, you are responsible for making that promise a reality in the Houston metro. You will report to the Sr. Manager – Market Operations and manage a team of Community Managers who onboard new Runners, support existing Runners, and educate Runners of all levels.
You obsess over process efficiency, but more importantly, you will constantly strive to be community first ensuring that Runners feel all the good vibes. At Favor, Runners are our product, what we do wouldn’t be possible without them and you are responsible for making sure they feel supported at every stage of the process. If you love solving tough problems and building world-changing communities, we’d love to meet you.
- Manage Runner onboarding to hit growth targets in Houston, College Station, Beaumont and surrounding cities including up to 25% travel
- Innovate and manage change in processes and communications
- Provide Runners with excellent and timely support - both in person and via text/email
- Manage inventory to always be in stock with key Runner supplies
- Support the launch of new markets & initiatives
- Build, manage, and develop a team of Community Managers who hustle 7 days a week to get Runners on the road and support them along the way
- Work with other departments to solve complex customer, Runner and operational issues
- Manage strategic projects while working cross functionally and maintaining effective communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Impeccable customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Bonus points if you love the on demand industry so much that you're not just a customer but a Runner too!
- 5+ years of operations experience, ideally in a startup or dynamic company
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Comfortable manipulating data and using Excel
- Track record of setting goals, creating a plan, and getting results