Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor is seeking a passionate Product Designer to join Favor’s Product team where you’ll help define how on-demand delivery works for Customers, Runners, and Merchants.
As a member of Favor’s product team, you will craft experiences that help tens of thousands of Runners earn a living on their own terms. You will deliver delight to consumers who are hangry for a taco or need a quick errand. You will empower thousands of Texas businesses to reach consumers in their city. We’re a small, close-knit team of designers and product managers guided by a collaborative, iterative, user-centered design process.
What You'll Do:
- As a designer on a cross-functional team devoted to improving the holistic delivery experience, you’ll develop a deep and nuanced understanding of both Runner and Customer experiences. You’ll use this knowledge to design amazing experiences across a multitude of touch points.
- Deeply understand our service and how it works. You’re the expert in how our 15 distinct iOS, Android, Desktop Web, and Mobile Web products work.
- Turn uncertainty into knowledge. Help find ways to inform the company about the needs of our users through research.
- Identify and think through problems, mock up solutions, test with users. Lather, rinse, repeat until the product is great.
- Present your ideas regularly to creative peers, engineers, and key stakeholders (including senior leadership).
- Work with cross-disciplinary partners to dig into issues, gather feedback, and design the right solutions.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in Product Design, Experience Design, UI/UX Design, or a similar role.
- You’ve worked 2+ years for a consumer product company or similar.
- You are a Sketch expert and have experience applying established design patterns to your work.
- You have excellent communication and persuasion skills with an ability to explain your work. You can describe the design choices you made in past projects. You naturally speak on behalf of the user.
- You have a core design skill set that includes wireframing, whiteboarding, strategy, and information architecture. You can think in both low and high fidelity and understand the impact of design on user experience across an ecosystem of products.
- You appreciate great product design and can evaluate what makes an experience good or bad.
- You have an acute attention to detail and inconsistencies in products drive you crazy.
- You crave constructive feedback because it makes you a better designer. Your portfolio demonstrates your user-centered designs across a variety of mobile and web applications and your experience designing products that users love (please include a link in your application + any applicable passwords).
Great To Have:
- Degree in product design, industrial design, digital design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or a related discipline.
- Experience with prototyping tools like InVision and Principle and production tools like Zeplin.