Product Manager, Customer Experience Tools
Full Time - Austin, TX
At Favor, we’re doing more than providing consumers with the best on-demand delivery experience. We’re building a community of Runners who can work how they want, when they want. And we’re doing all this while growing local businesses.
As you can imagine, the mechanics of Favor are not simple. Our world-class Runner, customer, and partner experiences are powered by highly coordinated teams working together through tools and processes. As we scale, we must improve these systems — particularly the customer experience tools used by support agents who help our customers and Runners every day. As product manager for Customer Experience Tools, you will lead this effort. This will be a combination of improving existing internal tool experiences and processes, leading the charge on new tools, and integrating with 3rd party providers.
- Work with the executive team to define high level goals for each major product initiative
- Work with operations, support, and business intelligence to size opportunities and define goals and metrics for our products
- Provide UX and design with the context and feedback that they need to build wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs
- Provide engineers and QA detailed behavioral specifications to ensure that they build the right software the first time
- Prepare the organization for change with product marketing and support resources
- Communicate constantly and effectively to all levels of the company to ease concerns and gather feedback
- Analyze product performance and make sound decisions on what to do next
- 3-5 years of product management experience.
- High touch service experience is preferred.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar tools.
- Technical experience is not required, but you must have a basic understanding of software, design, and data analysis.
- Thrives while leading in a fast paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order, and you love doing it. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- Has high dynamic range. You are able to see the big picture but comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- Loves great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- Is confident but humble. You’re able to make decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as needed.
- Is able to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals without drama.