Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our team makes high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our team creates the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Quality Assurance Analyst at Favor, you will be responsible for end to end testing of our product portfolio including services, web, mobile web, and native mobile applications. You will work closely with our product, engineering, and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need testers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’.
- Explores new technologies and contributes to the refinement of testing related tools, standards and training
- Mentor less experienced QA team members providing guidance on testing methodologies
- Engage and collaborate with other teams to ensure timely solution delivery with high quality
- Communicates individual and project-level development statuses, issues, risks, and concerns to technical leadership and management
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing test plans
- Assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify testing solutions
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Engage with senior team members to test and debug existing or new systems
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a software testing role
- Ability to test multiple platforms and determine edge cases for tests
- Experience with incorporating testing strategies into an agile/scrum environment
- Ability to write SQL queries to verify data flow between multiple components and systems
- Can design and build technical solutions and test plans without direct oversight
- Experience with manual testing and using software testing tools
- Knowledge of programming languages or common frameworks
- Understanding of common engineering terms and technology