Risk Team Lead
Full Time - Austin, TX
Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. The Favor Account Review Team is responsible for protecting the Favor business by providing accurate risk decisions while keeping an operational mentality. We utilize a variety of tools, strategies, and procedures to review, investigate, and respond to risk and suspicious activity.
As the Risk Team Lead, you will lead the team responsible for manually reviewing transactions to detect fraudulent activity and policy adherence, payment dispute response, investigating platform abuse, and handling violations of our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. You are there to handle the day-to-day operations of the Account Review specialists focusing on mentor, development, and growth of your direct reports. We are looking for someone who is people driven, operationally savvy, and innovative when it comes to risk approaches and protecting the business!
- Be accountable for the performance of the team, and the specialists on it, in achieving important metrics such as risk mitigation, efficiency, SLAs, employee engagement and retention, etc.
- Serve as role models for accountability, integrity, data driven attitude and embodying our values
- Run efficient and effective day to day operations
- Evaluate, advise and innovate on Account Review team workflows, processes and tools to drive continuous improvement
- Partner with product and support to improve efficiency and stay on top of risk trends
- Roll your sleeves up and work alongside your team on a weekly basis to continue to set the bar for the team
- 2+ years experience in Fraud, Risk, or Trust and Safety Operations
- 1-3 years experience in leading a high-performing team
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Have a consistent track record of achieving and sustaining important metrics related to fraud and risk reduction through goal setting, delegation and effective team leadership
- Passionate about people management and developing team members that are empowered to make meaningful connections with a diverse workforce
- You’re a champion for mental and psychological well-being and are a steward of diversity and inclusion on your teams
- Deep knowledge of risk management tools, processes, procedures, performance metrics, and associated improvement levers
- Exceptional with coaching and navigating tough conversations
- You’re graceful, effective and able to keep your team focused and energized in a high ambiguity, constantly evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of foreseeing business needs and translating trends and insights into measurable objectives that scale
- You operate with integrity, courage, and servant leadership
- Experience with Zendesk, fraud tools, or payment processors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience