Favor is looking for a leader to join our high growth company as the team lead of critical fraud and risk initiatives. This position will manage risk operations and lead a team of risk specialists. You will be responsible for preventing and developing strategies that help safeguard our platform by proactively identifying patterns of and sources of fraud, and minimizing Favor’s exposure to financial and reputation risk associated with fraud. You are a subject matter expert on risk, prevention tactics, and emerging threats in our industry. You are an experienced manager who has led, developed, and grown leaders through career development.
- Being the strategic organizational leader driving our future direction on fraud and risk in collaboration with product management and engineering.
- Manage and support fraud team responsible for analyzing, investigating and preventing suspected fraudulent activity.
- Develop, enhance and review fraud identification and prevention solutions, processes and ensure appropriate cross-functional support to deal with systematic fraud events.
- Estimate and forecast losses and partner with Accounting, Finance, and Operations to manage the impact to profitability of the overall Favor business.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud and identity issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Identify enhancements to Favor fraud tools, communicate and prioritize development with product management and engineering teams.
- Ability to manage a team, including hiring, providing ongoing feedback, fostering teamwork and meeting team-related goals.
- You have 3-5 years experience in fraud and risk across payment, e-commerce or financial service industries and therefore have a knowledge of fraud risk practices including authorization, decline, and chargeback policies.
- Proven track record of reducing fraud successfully and building sustainable fraud programs.
- You are extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and can drive results through continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a bias for action in resolving fraud issues and ability to work cross-functionally to react in a fast-paced environment.