With more than [70,000 Runners] and more than ten millions deliveries made, Favor is the leading on-demand delivery company in the state of Texas. Favor is growing rapidly and continuing to service new customers and merchants in new and existing cities. We aim to build a trusted, reliable and safe delivery network for our customers and Runners. To do this, Favor is looking for a versatile Runner Safety Manager to join the growing legal team. You will work cross-functionally to assist with developing and reviewing all programs, processes and compliance matters relating to independent contractor on-demand delivery drivers, we affectionately refer to as Runners. You will need to be detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative, and ready to operate in a fast-paced environment. This person will report to the Head of Legal but interact with several teams including market operations, communications, Runner success, human resources, and customer and Runner support.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to review programs that promote the safety and overall experience of Favor Runners
- Draft and review communications sent to Runners.
- Draft, review, and update documents and materials relating to Runners.
- Assist in resolving disputes between Runners and Merchants, Customers, or Third Parties.
- Assist in responding to incidents or accidents involving Runners.
- Work with attorney to handle all claims, pre-litigation, and litigation matters relating to Runners.
- Manage status of all outstanding claims and litigation matters.
- Conduct fact-finding and investigations relating to labor claims.
- Developing processes and procedures to mitigate risk.
- Conduct research regarding independent contractor laws/regulations and on-demand delivery company litigation.
- Advise teams regarding compliance with independent contractor regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a paralegal, HR, or risk management capacity at a large or mid-sized company.
- Experience dealing with independent contractors and employee relations preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legal concepts, practices and procedures.
- Risk management certification a plus.
- Excellent PC skills, including google office suite.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, get into the legal nitty gritty, and the ability to exercise sound judgment when approaching problems without clear answers
- Positive attitude