Full Time - Austin, TX
At Favor you will have the ability to create interesting and cool software that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people. We are a mobile-first consumer app that is powered by a complex system behind the scenes. Do you like to work on complex problems and create simple straightforward solutions? Do you like to make customers happy? Favor’s goal is to let people get anything delivered with a great user experience throughout the process.
Favor’s Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen in real time. We are responsible for the complex systems that make a Favor happen. This entails the logistics of finding the perfect runner, the communication between our customers and our runners, keeping thousands of mobile applications in sync, payments, and so much more. You will be involved in securing these complex systems from beginning to end.
Do you like building and securing complex systems in a cloud infrastructure to scale? Do you like finding the root cause of issues and fixing it? Do you follow best security practices and like to enable engineering teams with these best security practices to build scalable complex systems? If so, we need Security Engineers like yourself to help Favor achieve our goal of getting anything delivered with a great user experience.
- Examine existing infrastructure & applications to identify and reduce risk
- Security event management, vulnerability assessment, and intelligence correlation
- Correlate threat intelligence with security systems & controls to handle security events
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of security event management, vulnerability assessment, and intelligence correlation
- Keep systems up to date with security patches
- Collaborate with engineers to make sure new features & services meet security requirements
- Experience working as a security analyst with hands on experience using SIEM, AV, Firewall, WAF, Vulnerability Scanning
- Knowledge of Web application and network exploitation
- Knowledge of best security practices in a cloud architecture
- Deep understanding of Linux internals
- Identify engineering opportunities to enhance detection systems and security controls to counter known threats
- Work well with others to solve problems
- Good communication skills